Monday, May 30, 2005

Reading List

It's summer and I think there's just something about warmer weather (and the fact that every free moment at work I'm daydreaming about going to the pool - despite my blinding whiteness and lack of having easy access to a pool and the fact I often burn) that causes a loss of focus.

So I'm going to break from my haphazard reading schedule and actually make a schedule, a list, and do my damnedest to follow it.

A few things on the list so far:
Prozac Nation - Elizabeth Wurtzel.
Fluke - Christopher Moore
Oblivion: Stories - David Foster Wallace
The Ground Beneath Her Feet - Salman Rushdie (I've had this book for years and it's sat neglected on the shelf. I've made a threat to myself over it: if I don't read it before U2 comes to town, no U2 concert for me.)
Women and Men - Joseph McElroy (this is a big, intimidating book...wish me luck when I give this one a go)
One of Brian Greene's books on string theory
Something by Michael Chabon (most likely The Amazing Adventures of Kavelier and Clay, if only because if the multiple references to it on the OC, but I'm curious how the novel Wonderboys differs from the film adaptation.)
Eats, Shoots and Leaves, if only because I refuse to patronize stores with "10 items or less" lines.
Probably a Tom Robbins book (including a possible re-read of Still Life With Woodpecker.)

But there's still room on the list and I'm open for suggestions (be they fiction, non-fiction...heck I have read very little poetry so I'll gladly take some recommendations here too.)

No comments: