Thursday, November 02, 2006

And you now will see a lot less of me (maybe)

National Novel Writing Month was offically underway at 12:00am on November 1. I was in bed.

Part of me--the part not that long removed from going out to Wild Wing on Tuesdays, then hitting up Barcode or Molly O'Shea's and then pit-stopping at Little Italy or The Grill before continuing the debauchery (though my memory gets fuzzy here)--really hated the lame early bedtime.

On the other hand, I spent my Wednesday morning not hungover at work, and was rested enough that when I got home I was able to bang out several pages of novel (note: in an effort to make my goal of 50,000 words I'm not going to go back and re-read anything until I'm at least halfway done, or the month's halfway over. My basic game plan is to stick to my outline as much as possible and remember when I read it later, or get bribed to by others who want to see it, that basically I'm writing a ginormous 50,000 first draft. But then again, I'm only on day two, so who knows how loony I'll get as Thangsgiving approacheth.)

While I'm in no way a fan of Sonny Perdue, Mark Taylor should really quickly fire his campaign stratgegist. He's still trailing Dumbass in the polls and has failed to realize that Rove and Co. have hardcore conservatives Pavolianly trained to immediately tune out anything said by a non-Conservative-approved person. So, Taylor could run an ad with certified footage of Sonny urinating on the American Flag whilst buggering small children and alternatly singing the Georgia Tech fight song and extoling the praises of the AJC and it wouldn't make a difference. Probably. What just might help him, is a few more ads explaining what he would do if elected. We get it Mark, really we do, Sonny's a bumbling dumbass. But that doesn't mean you're not one too. So count me in the 6% that says to hell with both of them.

Speaking of bad campaign ads, all these ads by conservative candidates where they equate "Liberal" with four-letter words and other "bad things" has me thinking: how long would it take for those of us that don't want to live in a theocracy to get "conservative" it's own Pavlovian connoation? I mean since politics in america's pretty much reached the level of name-calling anyway...

No comments: