Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where My Bitches Is At?

Sometimes weeks can drag on and on and on (like last week), and afterwards, despite your best intentions to fill your blog with witty, somewhat long-winded commentary on a number of topics ranging from Obama's potential in the General Election, Hillary, Detroit automakers and oil companies and a theory I have about public trust, and Kevin Rudd apologising (I assume they go with the Queen's English spelling) to the Aborigines. But some weeks are like a hangover after downing a few bottles of Jack after drinking 100 oz. of beer.

And when that happens, it's easier to slap a title from an old rap song up there, and share my favorite dog pictures from Deadspin's Westminster Dog Show coverage, along with a few extras, with captions.
This dog is clearly auditioning for the role of Gene Simmons in the All-Corgi KISS Tribute Band.
Meanwhile, this poor pooch was captured by a band of NYU film students looking for an extra to play a dour, old Russian woman in their adaptation of Dr. Zhivago.

If you remember the Lady of Rage song "Afro Puffs" it's impossible to look at this dog and not get the chorus stuck in your head.
Ladies and gentlemen, I've found Ed Grimley's dog!

This is the face of a dog who does not know the meaning of the word "neutering"...
It's been said before, but I'm saying it again here: dressing your dog, no matter how tiny and "precious" he/she is, in tiara and crown only drives the dog into a deep depression. And doggie-Prozac ain't cheap. Plus this is something Paris Hilton does. Do you really want to follow in her STD-laced footsteps?
This Boston Terrier is the Nick Saban of dogs, as he (I think a he) doesn't have time for this shit. Or, if you believe in reincarnation, is the spirit of the grumpy old man who always yelled at those "damn teenagers" to "stay the hell off my lawn." Your call.
"I've got a pulse! He's not dead." "What happened?" "Well, I think he just got sick of all the running around and groping from all these judges."
Alternate joke: The Westminster Dog Show takes the "Now...Play Dead..." portion very, very seriously.

And finally, we conclude with the Dog (DAWG) who should win the whole thing:
In RED

And BLACK.

Only 201 days til kickoff if you're reading this on Hump Day...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I don't know if I'm relieved or upset that you didn't use the cute pic of the Alaskan Malamute :P

Well done.

Leah [Not Basic] said...

Honestly, I'm so happy a Beagle finally won. The pictures of him baying and running on a treadmill are priceless.

Yay for Uno!

I think Friday night will have me renting Best in Show and sitting at home wishing I had a dog to watch it with.